“Find out something personal. Do something memorable.” – Jeffrey Gitomer
No access, no nothing.
It doesn’t matter if it’s your 1st week or 10th year.
Your goal is the same:
- Get invited in.
- Get invited back.
The Vibe will jump start 2017 by focusing on strategies & tactics that increase our most valuable asset…
To have access to our top customers, we must be perceived as having the 6 B’s dialed in:
- Be engaging
- Be valuable
- Be prepared
- Be trustable
- Be brief
- Be gone
The best way to ENGAGE a hard to access customer is to focus on their interests.
You have to do your homework.
- What’s new in your customer’s world?
- What has their attention?
- What do they do in their free time?
Enter Google Alerts.
Google alerts can be your secret weapon for new customer information.
Google Alerts scans the web.
It delivers a report to your inbox each week about anything new that hit the web about your customer.
- Did your customer just win an award from some obscure society?
- Did an alumni newsletter just do a feature story on your customer?
- Was your customer just interviewed on a podcast?
- Did your customer just complete their 1st Iron Man?
If it hit the web, Google Alerts keeps you in the know.
So how does this increase your access?
Glad you asked.
Imagine writing your customer a hand written note congratulating them on finishing their 1st Iron Man.
Then you follow up a few days later with an email asking them to meet to discuss a new idea that may help streamline their reimbursement processes?
You just tripled your chances of meeting a previously non-responsive customer.
Or combine this with “Before we get started…” for a killer way to expand your time with a transactional customer:
- “Dr Meredith – I have a new idea for that resident training we discussed. But before we get started… I listened to that podcast you were on. How did that come about?”
Find ways to create and expand access.
Or lose to someone who does.