“What you choose to focus on becomes your reality.” – Jen Sincero
Here’s an idea from Seth Godin:
Create two lists.
On the FIRST LIST, write down all your COMPLAINTS:
- The people who took you for granted.
- All the bad breaks that came your way.
- The work you did that was not appreciated.
- The times you were misunderstood.
- Projects that did not work out.
No need to hold back.
Let the NEGATIVE VIBES bleed all over the page.
Now on to the SECOND LIST.
Write down all the UNFAIR ADVANTAGES you were given:
- All the people who supported you.
- The good breaks that came your way.
- The friends that had your back.
- The mentors that accelerated your learning curve.
- All the times you got the benefit of the doubt.
Choose one list.
Put this list someplace you’ll see it maybe once a year.
Hide it with the holiday decorations.
Or maybe put it with that crock pot you never use but refuse to donate.
Now take the other list.
Tape it to your favorite mirror.
Or put it in your phone.
Place it somewhere you’ll see it multiple times a day.
Godin writes, “The daily list will determine what you notice and the story you tell yourself.”
The list you look at everyday will create your MINDSET.
It will determine the ATTITUDE you bring into the world.
Here’s the BEST PART…
What list you choose is 100% in your control.