“Follow the 20 Butt Rule. When 20 of your customer’s butts are gathered in the same room, yours should be too.” – Jeffrey Gitomer
Your customers are standing in line waiting to speak with you.
They mention how much they appreciate your support.
Your conversation ends with the customer asking you to stop by their office to discuss other ways you can work together.
Is this a dream?
Are you in Fantasy Land?
This scenario is real.
How do elite sales people open doors and create access?
They EXHIBIT at conferences.
One of the most underutilized opportunities in sales is attending your customer’s conferences.
These conferences are amazing ways to establish yourself in your local marketplace.
You get to connect with the busiest customers and key opinion leaders outside the chaos of their office.
The customers literally come to you.
A good day exhibiting at a conference crushes a month of driving around your territory walking cold into offices.
Here are 3 Ways to Get Yourself on Display:
- Contact the CME Office of each academic medical center you cover:
- Ask for the person who coordinates their CME events.
- Ask that person for their most updated course schedule.
- Ask to be included on their distribution list.
- Ask your top customers what local conferences they attend:
- “Dr John – What’s your favorite local medical conference?”
- Ask your customer for their contact person for that conference.
- Contact that person and tell them you want to help support their next event.
- Ask your customer what local organizations support their patient population:
- EG- “Miles for Migraine” hosts a yearly 5k run in cities throughout the country.
- Top customers & Key Opinion Leaders from multiple institutions attend.
- You literally can go for a run with your top customers.
Your BIGGEST customers are the HARDEST to access.
That should excite you.
Those barriers are there to keep the average sales people out.
Don’t be average.
Leverage your resources, courage, & creativity.
When you do this, your value to your customers & company will be on full display.
Next Week’s Vibe: The Exhibitor’s Playbook: How to Engage, Connect, & Get Invited Back. The elite salesperson’s guide to working a conference.