“Start where you finish.”
One of the first principles you learn in public accounting is that your ending balance becomes your starting point for the next period.
This principle is just as important in the world of selling.
A killer way to start your customer conversations is by picking up where you left off.
“The last time we spoke…“
Use this phrase to set up your OPENING.
This phrase is engaging and grabs the customer’s attention.
Make this tactic even more impactful by adding “you said..” at the end.
- Dr Dawn – “The last time we spoke you said…there were 2 patients you identified for chronic migraine treatment. I’m following up to see how their injections went?”
- Dr Jamie – “The last time we spoke you said…it may be time to conduct a chronic migraine training for the residents. I’m here to see if we can schedule a date?”
- Dr Kris – “The last time we spoke you mentioned…you heard that the department was losing money on Botox. I am here to see if we can set up a meeting with your billing staff and our business practice specialist.”
- Dr Andreas – “The last time we spoke you asked me … to get you a list of ULS proctors. I have 3 names for you.”
“The last time we spoke…”:
- Gets your customer’s attention
- Builds on your previous work
- Creates a call continuim